Who said cheese pizza has to be boring? Elevate a classic cheesy pie with this keto & gluten free Pizza Bianca recipe. Layers of creamy ricotta and sharp pecorino romano complement the mild mozzarella, and topping with red pepper flakes and sweet fresh basil leaves after baking brings the whole pizza together.
Makes one pizza
• 1 oz fresh ricotta cheese
• 1 oz fresh mozzarella, torn
• 2 tbsp pecorino romano, freshly grated
• Red pepper flakes to taste
• Fresh basil
1. Preheat the oven to 425º
2. If you want a crispier crust, while the oven is preheating, place the Pizza Crust with no toppings in for 5 minutes
3. Remove from the oven, and spread ricotta cheese in a thin layer on the crust (in place of pizza sauce)
4. Top with thinly sliced mozzarella and the freshly grated pecorino romano
5. Put back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes at 425º
6. Add red pepper flakes and fresh basil & enjoy!
AIR FRYER PREPARATION:
1. Pre-bake the Pizza Crust with no toppings for 4 minutes at 350º
2. Remove from the air fryer, and spread ricotta cheese in a thin layer on the crust (in place of pizza sauce)
3. Top with thinly sliced mozzarella and the freshly grated pecorino romano
4. Put back in the air fryer and bake for 5 minutes at 350º
5. Add red pepper flakes and fresh basil & enjoy!