Cherry Tomato Pizza
Got a bunch of fresh cherry tomatoes from the farmers market but don’t know what to do with them? This hands off, roasted cherry tomato and mozzarella pizza recipe is bursting with fresh flavor and is the perfect solution!
Tip: you can always prepare the cherry tomatoes in advance and store them in the fridge. They’ll be good for up to 5 days!
Makes one pizza
• Roasted cherry tomatoes (see recipe below)
• Fresh mozzarella, torn
• Fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 425º
2. If you want a crispier crust, while the oven is preheating, place the Pizza Crust with no toppings in for 5 minutes
3. Remove from the oven, and top with the roasted cherry tomatoes. Press down on them so they burst and the tomatoes spread around the crust. Top with mozzarella
4. Put back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes at 425º
5. Add the fresh basil & enjoy!
AIR FRYER PREPARATION:
1. Pre-bake the Pizza Crust with no toppings for 4 minutes at 350º
2. Remove from the air fryer, and top with the roasted cherry tomatoes. Press down on them so they burst and the tomatoes spread around the crust. Top with mozzarella
3. Put back in the air fryer and bake for 5 minutes at 350º
4. Add the fresh basil & enjoy!
For the roasted cherry tomatoes:
• 1 pack (about 2 cups) of cherry tomatoes
• Drizzle of olive oil (1-2 tablespoons, just until the tomatoes are covered)
• 2 garlic cloves, slivered
• ½ teaspoon dried basil
• ½ teaspoon dried oregano
• Pinch of red pepper flakes
• Pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400º
2. In a medium baking dish, add the cherry tomatoes. Top with a drizzle of olive oil just until the tomatoes are covered
3. Add the slivered garlic, herbs, red pepper flakes, and sea salt. Mix to combine
4. Bake for 30 minutes. Halfway through, remove from oven, stir, and place back in oven for the remaining time