This delicious, traditional eggplant dish may sound intimidating, but with just six ingredients and big flavor, it will soon be your go-to party dip! Served with Outer Aisle “pita chips” made from Outer Aisle Pizza Crusts, Baba Ganoush is the perfect healthy, low-carb snack.
- 2 Outer Aisle Pizza Crusts
- 2 medium eggplants
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup of tahini
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (for roasting)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut both eggplants in half, lengthwise. Coat with a thin layer of olive oil and lay flat side down in your baking pan. Make several small slices in the eggplant skin to help with steaming while they’re in the oven.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the eggplants are very soft and you can easily put a knife through the skins.
- While your eggplants are baking, combine your minced garlic, tahini, lemon juice, salt, and paprika in a bowl or food processor. (A food processor will make a smoother dip.)
- Once the eggplants are good and soft, allow them to cool until they are easy to handle. When they’ve cooled, scoop out the eggplant flesh into a strainer and allow the juices to drain. This helps remove the bitterness. Discard the skins.
- Finally, add the eggplant to your mixing bowl or food processor and blend until creamy.
- Take 2 Outer Aisle Gourmet Pizza Crusts and cut them into chips with a pizza cutter.
- Air Fry the chips for about 7 minutes at 390 degrees or bake for 8/10 minutes at 400 degrees.
Serve your Baba Ganoush at room temperature with your chips. You can add more flavor to the Baba Ganoush, including fresh parsley, a drizzle of olive oil, or cayenne pepper for an extra kick!