Pumpkin, Sausage & Sage Pizza
Sweet pumpkin, savory sausage, and earthy sage harmonize all the welcoming flavors & aromas of fall in this easy pizza recipe.
Makes one pizza
• 3 tbsp pumpkin purée
• 1 oz shredded mozzarella
• 1 oz shredded gruyère cheese
• 2 tbsp cooked ground Italian sausage
• A few fried sage leaves (see notes below)
• Drizzle of olive oil, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 425º
2. If you want a crispier crust, while the oven is preheating, place the Pizza Crust with no toppings in for 5 minutes
3. Remove from the oven, and spread pumpkin purée in a thin layer on the crust (in place of pizza sauce)
4. Top with both cheeses & sausage
5. Put back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes at 425º
6. Remove, and top with the fried sage and a drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!
AIR FRYER PREPARATION:
1. Pre-bake the Pizza Crust with no toppings for 4 minutes at 350º
2. Remove from the air fryer, and spread pumpkin purée in a thin layer on the crust (in place of pizza sauce)
3. Top with both cheeses & sausage
4. Put back in the air fryer and bake for 5 minutes at 350º
5. Remove, and top with the fried sage and a drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!
For the fried sage leaves:
Heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add sage leaves in a single layer. They will crisp up quickly, so keep an eye out! Once they’ve reached your desired crispiness, remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel to dab excess oil. Sprinkle with Maldon salt to taste.