Outer Aisle Shakshuka Pizza
- One Outer Aisle Gourmet Pizza Crust
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ cup sliced roasted peppers
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese, to garnish
- 2 eggs
- A handful of fresh parsley leaves, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and cook the sliced onions until they are tender for about 5 minutes. Then add garlic and cook for another minute until garlic is fragrant.
- Add the roasted sliced peppers and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Pour in the tomatoes, mix, and season with salt and pepper. Then add the paprika and cumin, toss, lower the heat and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Place outer aisle gourmet pizza crust over parchment paper. Spread some of the tomato sauce over the pizza crust.
- Create two pocket holes on the sauce and gently crack the eggs over the pocket holes.
- Place in the oven to bake until eggs are set, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove, garnish with feta, salt and pepper, and parsley. Enjoy!
Note: Save leftover shakshuka sauce for later use or make 4 servings of this recipe using another pizza crust and 2 additional eggs.
MACROS (Serves 2):
Net Carbs: 6g
Total Fat: 19g