If you're a kitchen gadget aficionado, you likely have a mini pie maker just waiting for you to get a spark of inspiration to whip up a tasty meal. Pot pies, while utterly delicious, are not always kind to a low carb or keto lifestyle.
Now you can finally enjoy a low carb chicken pot pie using Outer Aisle Sandwich Thins! This savory dish is just 5g net carbs per serving, so what are you waiting for? Plug in your mini pie maker and try out this delicious recipe...ASAP. We have a feeling you'll be using this fun little kitchen appliance more often now...and your carb intake will thank you.
Ingredients (Makes 2 Pies):
- 5 Pieces of Outer Aisle Sandwich Thins
- 4 tsp of butter
- 4 tsp chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup of chicken broth
- 2 tbsp of milk
- ½ cup shredded cooked chicken
- ½ cup frozen mixed vegetables
- After thawing, use one Outer Aisle Sandwich Thin and cut it into slices (as you would a pizza) creating about 5 slices.
- Place them in a circle overlapping at the bottom of the pie maker as its heating up (but be careful!).
- Using a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions while stirring frequently for 2 minutes or until tender. Gradually stir and add salt, pepper, broth, and milk until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in chicken and your choice of mixed vegetables. Remove from heat and place filling inside the pie maker.
- Using another 1 ½ Outer Aisle Sandwich Thins, slice it into slivers and place them overlapping on the top of the filling to create a pie pattern.
- Close the pie maker and let cook for approximately 5 mins.
- Unplug the pie maker and let the pot pie sit for about 10 mins. This will ensure that it stays intact when you take it off the pie maker.
SERVE AND ENJOY
Yields 2 Pot Pies
Macros (per pie):
410 calories | 5g net carbs | 29g fat | 20g protein