COVID-19 Update From Our Founder
2879 Seaborg Ave
Ventura, CA 93003
March 16, 2020
To Our Valued Customers,
As a valued member of the Outer Aisle family, we appreciate the trust you put in us. Please know that we are monitoring developments relating to the coronavirus and COVID-19 disease and are taking every appropriate precaution to keep our customers and staff healthy and safe.
Outer Aisle’s production facilities meet or exceed the highest standards in the industry for food safety. The company provides the best available health and safety training and education to its employees, including current training on the coronavirus and COVID-19. The company’s management is adopting health and safety guidelines recommended by the FDA, C.D.C and equivalent state agencies as they are made available to the public.
Following is an outline of the specific measures Outer Aisle is taking to enhance its existing health and food safety protocols in light of the outbreak and spread of the coronavirus and COVID-19:
- Requiring Outer Aisle’s management and employees to complete rigorous food safety, Food Defense and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) training several times a year to ensure all food safety protocols are strictly followed, and currently providing additional education and training on COVID-19 safety protocols;
- Disinfecting all high-touch points with hospital-grade sanitizers at increased intervals throughout the day;
- Enhancing our employee health policies and procedures to ensure that employees feel comfortable taking time off to ensure a healthy environment for their fellow employees and to properly take care of themselves.
- Continuing existing policies requiring employees to constantly change Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including nitrile gloves, face masks, hairnets and frocks, as needed throughout the day.
- Increasing monitoring of compliance with the company’s existing Good Manufacturing Best Practices (CGMPs) with regard to Outer Aisle’s hand washing and personal hygiene and sanitation protocols.
- Requiring employees, who have traveled or had family member(s) who have traveled to high-risk coronavirus areas and/or who have been in the proximity of anyone suspected or confirmed to have the virus within the previous 14 days, to immediately inform their supervisor and contact their physician
Outer Aisle strictly adheres to Part 110 of Regulations adopted by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) – Current Good Manufacturing Practice in Manufacturing, Packaging or Holding Food for Consumption. The company also follows Part 117 of the FDA’s Regulations – Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, and Risk-Based Preventative Controls for Human Food.
For the latest news and guidance relating to the coronavirus and COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website (https://www.cdc.gov).
Jeanne David, Founder & CEO