Prosciutto & Asparagus Flatbread
Inspired by our Founder & CEO Jeanne’s Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus recipe, this flatbread is the perfect springtime meal. It’s low carb, gluten free, and packed with protein & fresh veggies for a nutritious and delicious bite in just 15 minutes!
Scroll down below for a bonus recipe - Jeanne’s Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus!
Makes one flatbread
• 2 tbsp garlic sauce
• 2 tbsp shredded Gruyère cheese
• 2 tbsp shredded mozzarella
• 1 piece of prosciutto, torn into pieces
• 4 asparagus spears, cut into 1-2 inch pieces. Tip: for more veggie power, use more asparagus!
1. Preheat the oven to 425º
2. If you want a crispier crust, while the oven is preheating, place the Pizza Crust with no toppings in for 5 minutes
3. Remove from the oven, and top with garlic sauce, both cheeses, prosciutto, & asparagus
4. Put back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes at 425º
5. Add your favorite toppings & enjoy!
AIR FRYER PREPARATION:
1. Pre-bake the Pizza Crust with no toppings for 4 minutes at 350º
2. Remove from the air fryer, and top with garlic sauce, both cheeses, prosciutto, & asparagus
3. Put back in the air fryer and bake for 5 minutes at 350º
4. Add your favorite toppings & enjoy!
2.7g net carbs
Jeanne’s Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
• 2 pounds medium-size asparagus, bottom thirds discarded
• 6 slices of Italian prosciutto
• Truffle oil or olive oil
• ¼ cup shredded Swiss Gruyère cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Fill a large pot with water, add 1 tablespoon salt, and bring to a boil. If the asparagus are thick, peel them halfway up the stalk with a vegetable peeler. 3. Immerse the asparagus in the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Drain the asparagus and put them immediately into a large bowl of ice water to set the bright green color. Allow to chill for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and pat the asparagus dry.
4. Gather 3 to 4 asparagus spears into a bundle with the tips together, and wrap a slice of prosciutto securely around the middle. Repeat to make bundles.
5. Brush a rectangular baking dish (large enough to hold the bundles in one layer) with 1½ tablespoons of olive oil. Place the bundles seam side down in the baking dish, arranged side by side, with the tips facing the same way.
6. Drizzle the truffle oil over the bundles.
7. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the prosciutto on each bundle and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the cheese melts and starts to brown. Serve hot.