Cheesy Low Carb Tacos
Tacos aren’t just for Tuesdays! These low carb street tacos are a quick, easy, and delicious dinner any night of the week. One of the best parts about these tacos is the cheese is melted before adding your meat and toppings. Each bite is warm, gooey perfection without losing any of that glorious cheese.
• 1 pack Broccoli Sandwich Thins
• 1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
• 1 lb ground beef
• 1 packet taco seasoning mix
• ½ white onion, diced
• ½ cup cilantro, chopped
• Limes, cut into wedges
• Salsa verde
• Hot sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 400º F
2. Place the Sandwich Thins on a ventilated baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until they start to crisp up. Set aside.
3. Cook the ground beef until brown, breaking it up into small pieces
4. Add taco mix and cook to package directions
5. Top the Sandwich Thins with the shredded cheese and put back in the oven for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted
6. Remove from the oven and top with the taco meat, onion, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice. Add any other toppings you desire, and enjoy!
AIR FRYER INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Cook the ground beef until brown, breaking it up into small pieces
2. Add taco mix and cook to package directions
3. Place the Sandwich Thins in the air fryer at 350º for 3 minutes. Remove, add the shredded cheese, and put back in for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted
4. Remove from the air fryer and top with the taco meat, onion, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice. Add any other toppings you desire, and enjoy!
This recipe works great with Original Sandwich Thins and Jalapeño Sandwich Thins, too!